Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cycling With A Side Of Crossfit

There's something sweet about the tenderness of muscles when they see their first day back to a workout.

Last week on Gobble Gobble Eve, I made my return to the box after a six week hiatus.  My greatest fear was not being able to do a pull-up, but fortunately for me I have not lost my ability to kip. 

Fast forward to the middle of the WOD and that blessing was dust in the wind...I was angry at my body for not retaining the benefits of the past year and resorted to laughing at myself after each pitiful set of push-ups, pull-ups and squats.

Of course, the best thing about Crossfit is the people you workout with...and I was very thankful to chat with everyone again...I've missed those sick WOD killing mofo's.


First Blood...Back From Hiatus...
When I woke Gobble Gobble morning, before my eyes even opened, it was apparent I was paying for the price of admission to the Gobble Gobble Eve WOD.  I couldn't move.  My legs, arms, back, hands and ears were all screaming!!! 

Inciting a "3, 2, 1 MOVE" chant...I was able to make a pitiful roll off of my bed.  From there I used a strategic shuffle to prepare for the day. 

Now...I'm not sure what my neighbors think about my sometimes akward decents and ascents from my porch...but I was a mess getting down them that morning and for the next three days.  I had absolutely no control over the lower half of my body...

It was hilarious.

That being said, there was no possible way that I was going to pass up the opportunity to ride my bike while we've been having a November heat wave this past weekend.  So, I forced myself to climb up on my bike and spin around to a few destinations.






In the end.  It was a great Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for my family, friends and freedom and I'm looking forward to a great holiday season!  Aaaaand...incidentally, now that Thanksgiving is behind me...there are only 5,009 hours until my 2012 focus race...

No comments:

Post a Comment