Monday, July 1, 2013

Everything Over A Hundo Is Awesome Sauce

Earlier this week, Josh and I had a discussion about the upcoming Team Alex Poker Ride for Make-A-Wish.

I was super excited about it because it was an opportunity to get in a hundo with other people (I don't mind riding them solo, but every once and awhile it's nice to have some company).

What I failed to realize was that the departure time was 7:00 in the morning from ACF in Walled Lake.  Given the current lack of an extra vehicle, getting there would be a problem. 

Josh was working all day and it really wasn't fair to ask him to get up at six to drive me.

And then it happened...

He posed the question, "Why don't you ride to the ride."

I'd like to say that I was immediately stoked about the idea...but I wasn't...I reacted like it was absurd.  Who in the world would want to get up at three in the morning to ride to a hundred mile ride...

And it hung there...

Until I wrapped my mind and the idea of the extra mileage around it and formulated the plan that anything over a hundo is awesome sauce.

Now, it's the morning after and I'm alive...slightly sore, but happy to have completed the adventure. 

The superfly was fabulous and handled the road, dirt and paved alike, with grace.

My map following skills leave something to be desired, but my gps did get me to my destinations in one piece.

More to come after recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment