Sunday, October 26, 2014

Halloween Hustle

Captain America, Thor, The Wicked Witch, The Good Witch, Superman and a hot dog all ran with me yesterday.

How often do you get to say that?

The 3rd annual Halloween Hustle 5K was held at Stony Creek Metropark and thanks to the event organizers and volunteers, this event went off like an Olympic marathon.

Everything from the the costume contest to the race results were handled smoothly and in a timely fashion.  Which was important since the winds were whipping over the lake and causing quite a chill after the race.

I completely forgot how terrible running feels in the first mile of a 5k event, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that all of my biking has paid off when it comes to blocking out pain and discomfort.

No sooner had it started and I was finished with an Asiago bagel in hand!

Woot! Woot!

My favorite part of the race was watching all the little kids that were racing alongside the adults.  

The unboundless energy and gait kids have make running seem so easy.  They do it purely because it's fun and without all of the mental prep adults attach to the simple act of running.

It reminds me of "Phoebe" running on Friends.  

All arms, legs and smiles.

Pure joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment