Sunday, October 2, 2011

Good To Be...

With fall setting in I'm getting panicky about the long months of winter that lay ahead.  Since Lumberjack I've been shying away from my bicycle, poor Big Mama Miss Berlin, locked up in the house...

There was a need for a hiatus...some time to try something new and different...I wanted to WANT to ride my bike again instead of feeling like a had to...

And...

It worked.  After not riding at all for the past few months, I successfully logged 20 hours in the saddle this past week and loved every minute of it (with exception to the two minutes an extremely rude lady gobbled up to spaz out on her horn (and honestly, I DID not do anything to require that kind of reaction)).

I now have a plan in my mind of what I want to do next year and am excited to continue laying the ground work to bring it to completion.  In the meantime, I'm going to avoid self righteous crazy people in cadillacs and work on building character as the fall and winter set in.

As a side note...big CONGRATS to Danielle Musto who is now the Womens U.S. Single Speed 24 Hour National Champ!  Completely awesome...!

And...here's a little picture montage of my weekends adventures...



No comments:

Post a Comment