Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wind.

Today was a whole new level of resistance training!  I was pushing hard to get 9 mph in the face of some strong fall gusts of wind.  Leaves were sticking to my arms and slapping me in the face, but it was still in the 60's which made it worth the trip outside, even if it was spent mostly riding sideways!

Over the course of the past week I went from communting by bicycle to work, to riding the trainer in my bedroom.  Yep...I had to set up the trainer (gag)!

I've picked a handful of running races to focus on over the next two months and have devised a few creative ways to commute places so that I can keep my motivation to ride outside as it gets steadly cooler.  Pretty much everyone I know is gearing up for the Iceman race in November, but I've decided to sit it out this year.  I'm sure on the weekend of November 5th I will be dissapointed with myself for not going, but I'm sure I'll get over it...

Tomorrow I will be joining my family for some horse back riding...hopefully my legs have kept some kind of memory on how to do that from when I was younger!  We'll see...!

No comments:

Post a Comment