Monday, May 13, 2013

12 Hours of Stony 2013 Part 2

So....where did we leave off?

Oh yes...eating branches...

My first reaction whenever I have a crash is to "Get Up"! 

So thats what I did. 

I untangled myself from the rather large branch that I was stuck to and picked up my bike to use as a crutch to hold myself up while I caught my breath.

I realized at this point that my saddle was turned completely backwards.  For some reason I decided the best way to fix this was by pounding on it with my hand....not getting my multi-tool out....Josh was not pleased about this when I recounted this story to him later.

Somehow, I managed to make this system work and after patting myself down for other broken parts, I made my way back onto the trail and slowly restarted my lap.

Once I made it back to the pit, I sat down for a longer break and Josh tried to help work out a few severly tight spots in my back.

During the next two laps, I took things slowly and worked hard at counting down from 5 to help relax my back.  Over and over and over...5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

Josh switched my wheels over to my full suspension frame on my next pit stop and getting off the hard tail helped relieve some of the impact on my back.

The rest of the day was about damage control and still trying to earn my hundo.  I chipped away at it until they called the last lap.

It was a bit of a rough ending to the day, but I did win a bottle of Heed in the random drawing they hold at the race :-) 

In addition to that, I received a hoodie for being the solo female rider (showing up automatically gave me a first place finish).  I was stupid excited about that hoodie...I love getting hoodies!

Overall, it was a great day and I'm looking forward to getting back out on the trail once my body calms down!

No comments:

Post a Comment