Sunday, December 1, 2013

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things...

Now that we are officially in countdown mode for Christmas, it seems like it's time to start collecting my thoughts on some of my favorite things to be thankful for from 2013.

Obviously number one goes without saying...

1) My husband! - We may not always see eye to eye (SRAM vs Shimano), but marrying my best friend this year was definitely quite clutch :-)

And then...in no particular order...

2) My Bicycle - We've seen some epic travels this year my super fly and I. 

Traverse City to Dewitt...Shelby Twp to Port Sanilac...many, many laps of Hanson Hills, Stony, Addison Oaks, Cannonsburg...

They were good times and bad...but either way I couldn't have done them without my trusty bike.

2014 will have big wheels to fill :-)

3) Sweedish Fish - Oh little fishies...you have become one of my go to snacks for your sugary little boost.  Even if you may make me glow in the dark one day from your red 40 dye...I can't seem to give you up.

4)  Clothes from the Dryer - Who knew that packing your clothes straight out of the dryer, into a zipped up bag would be such a delightful warm surprise! 

CFTD, you make my cold morning commute that much better with your wiley ways.

5) Team Alex - Words still don't do justice to how wonderful and remarkable Team Alex truly is.  I am extremely grateful to have had the experience of being a part of such a great group of people.

6) 10001110101 - When my mind has gone blank and my miles are not finished for the day...I have Clutch to thank for burning this into my brain.

Roll out...

7) The Parental Units - Josh's Parents and my Parents have been epically supportive of my endeavors this year.  I am so thankful to have all of them in my life :-)

8) Arnold Palmer - The tea of the great Arnold Palmer makes me happy.   For less then a dollar, I can celebrate with a glorious refreshment after a long hard ride. 

You are the perfect compliment to my emergency (sweedish) fish.

9)  The Vanderkitten's - Slipping in just  under the wire of 2013...the Vanderkitten VIP opportunity has me stoked for 2014. 

Thank you for allowing me to be a Kitten from the Mitten!

MEOW!

10) The VW Bug - The demise of the Beetle was a blessing in disguise.  I am so happy that my car exhausted itself and left me with the opportunity to commute by bike.

It's officially been 8 months of commuting and aside from the extra planning it requires,  I have to say I haven't minded it one bit!

Overall, 2013 has been a fantastic year filled with friends, family and miles.  I am so thankful that I'm able to wake up each day and enjoy all of these things...

They are truly my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment