Sunday, December 29, 2013

These Are The Days Of Our Lives!

Over the past 14 days I've raged between being madly in love with my fat bike and despising it for every pound it weighs.

With mounds of snow higher then my knees, I found myself on the side of the road last week, cursing the very thought of winter commutes and all things associated with them.

Ten minutes later I was through the worst of it and in love again.  

These are the days of my life...

Five years ago I would never have imagined myself out on a dark, cold Michigan winters night trudging through the snow...in the opposite direction of home...on purpose.

And then...I see the sparkling of ice and snow under street lights...the twinkling of Christmas lights on homes.  It's breathtaking...

Pair that up with my panting, open mouthed breathing as I plow through the snow on my husker du's and I am a toasty warm happy camper. 

My family had a wonderful Christmas and we're looking forward to an exciting year as 2014 closes in on us.

I'm wishing the best to all of you as you welcome in the New Year...may it be filled with something you never thought you could or would do as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment